Monday, September 20, 2021

Session 1: Night of the Living Leshys

 

The Inn of Bonne Jouissance

Oh my dear mama, she warned je zat ze surface was an alien place full of odd folk and that I should just say seek moi destiny in deep caverns like a sensible young dwarf. Not more than a few months and I think she may have been right. I have been travelling and working my trade in the primitive smithies of the humans and other folk as I seek rumors of strange metals they lack the cleverness to properly exploit, such tales brought me to the small town of Perrin where they make that fruit juice they call wine up here. I was minding my own business having a weak ale and trying to ignore the obnoxious knife ear babbling at the bar when a human with a half decent beard walks in. Naturally a beard that magnificent is indicative of good character and there was something reminiscent of the forge about him so I mustered up my courage to talk and maybe make a friend for a while. I know you warned me against getting attached to humans, and that they will just die of something stupid in 50 years, but I have a good sense about this one

Naturally the knife ear decides to interrupt so he could talk about berries or what sort of bird farts he likes the smell of ze best, but what do you expect from a people with no culture, there was another one sitting in a booth staring at us, but I did not get a good read on them so far. There was another human also, but if anything he looked more like a normal human than I am used to even now and I am an expert on them I figure. We were having a chat when some villager came in and said that some bandit were attacking the berry farm, which while I cannot understand why the tallfolk like the stuff so much, I do know they work very hard on it so I started charging to defend the berries.

Now, get this. The berry farm was being attacked by plant people! They had stupid fragile weapons and even the poor armor I was wearing then was too much for them as I drove them off with my doughty dwarven might, the others helped a little so they are probably worth teaming up with until I can find some proper adventurers. The mayor asked us to help deal with the druids who had sent the plant people (I miss my cave), and after a very short break to forge a proper suit of iron we were off only a few days later. We went to what they call an inn on the surface which was about a day east from Perrin, and learned of a ruined castle to the north and a mountain in a similar direction that was unfortunate enough to be called the Elf's Tooth, I will go and see this mountain where the druids are known to be seen and hopefully it will tell me its proper name so I can set this to rights.


No comments:

Post a Comment