Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Session 7: More bandit trouble


That stupid elf druid was making slimes for other elves (probably) to cause more mayhem, tabernak! After I slew him, we look around and find a neat arrow and his magic spear. I have been noticing Gnick trying to use his spear to poke the enemies and I know he is trying hard to fighter like a little bear so I give him some pointer later eh? He should get that magic spear to use, I think he will be a great warrior someday, and maybe I can figure out how to copy that enchantment to make better weapons for my bon hommes and Remy so they are better at fighting to eh.

So we head back to Copse de Letin to visit the other gnomes before going back to Perrin figure out what is next. The gnomes are hospitable as usual, but they know nothing of the other evil elves and I think maybe Gnick doesn't really convey his thoughts on this, but I am not one for talking so I mind my business.

The next morning we set off for Perin and we are enjoying a nice walk around some boulders and trees when this man says there is a toll on the road. But we did not pay it before, and he has a shifty look to me, so I think he is probably a ruffian I can scare off if I show him what a real axe looks like. But then, this smart human pulls out a little baby axe and thinks that will scare me! HA! He calls his friends who were hiding on the boulder, and they all have little axes in their belts like they are dwarven children, HAHA. I am sure he thinks that scares me, and I admit they were quick to try and take advantage, but those humans could barely hit the broadside of a cave troll with their little slings.

We know we are in for a rowdy fete, and I look at my bon hommes and wink because I know they are giving me the signal to do my thing and they will be right behind me. They move into the bushes which is a weird way to charge, but I see them throwing magic so that is useful I bet. Then my homme Ash gives my axe some magic and Attache ta Tuque I showed those bandits was a big boy axe does. I run up and chop the mouthy one and his friends they try to shoot me, but it mostly bounces off my armor, HAHAHA. One of my hommes, I think Cloony burns off the first guys face, then Ash runs up and becomes a ladder! So useful, what a good friend! I jump on his hands then run up the wall to get near the rest of the bandits who haven't run away for some reason. They think they have me flanked, but really they have front row seats to hear my axe sing a sweet song. One of them I get right in the face, then Clooney kills him too, such timing! Another tries to attack me from behind, but he finds out about Babette and she blocks his attack then pushes him off of the boulder so my hommies can mess him up. Babette, she needs to take a break so I put her on the ground and bring out her brother, Jean-Jorge. These guys, they are still attacking me with their little axes, and sometimes it hurts, but my homies got my back and I will use some of these baby axes for throwing later I think.

So we saved the money on the toll, and I like to think their ghosts learned a lesson about axe measuring contests.

No comments:

Post a Comment