Saturday, November 6, 2021

Session 8: Riding the Unicorn

I did a search for 'unicorn hunted by cats and the results were delightful

It seems just after I finished fixing my sweet sturdy Babbette and the doughty Jean-Jorge we were off when Gnormal spotted the hoof tracks of his unicorn, such a coincidence! We follow these tracks a short distance then we see in the distance this unicorn horse being attacked by several moon cats (not funny looking dogs, I now know this). Zut Alors! This unicorn horse is the very same that Gnormal is looking for, and her name is Peaches. I am quick to engage, but the unicorn and cats are even faster, I feel somewhat helpless as I see the cats attacking Peaches.

No honor, there are so many of them! As soon as I can I run forward to engage the one cat that decided to face us with Gnormal, and the little fellow is doing his best even as the cat has him in its jaws. These cats are strong, but they are no match for our teamwork and tactics. I hope we can make it to the unicorn before it's too late. I try to trick some of the cats and get them to attack me by showing them my back, but they are not enticed yet.

We cut down the cat, and then move forward. While Remy, Baby Bear, and I engage the cats that move to face us. Clooney and Gnormal run ahead bravely to save Peaches. Clooney even got mauled pretty badly for his bravery, but he will probably just have a cool scar or something as a result. Cloony and Gnormal heal Peaches and Ash shoots a ball of fire in an arc over us that was such a beautiful sight, like the famous dwarfball player Rocky Buckets. Even though the cats never tried my shield they fell all the same, and my axe helped a little.

After that Gnormal spoke with Peaches, these horny horses can speak! Zut Alors! It turns out that Peaches and Mario escaped from Gnormal's circus and they are happier being free, we do not know where Mario is, but if we find him I hope it is a happy reunion for my hon homme!


We bid Peaches adieu, then finally made it to the road to Perrin and then, the traffic today, jeez. First we run into this very clean fancy knight on a horse. At first I was impressed because he has a nice shield, and some bird heraldry heraldry the other recognized, and I am learning that the tall folk are no so useless in a scrap as we tend to think, but he looks like the type that is mostly talk. Like a big fancy mine cart that you never mine with, but instead you just ride around the settlement trying to impress other dwarves with, but never get dirty, eh? Clooney keeps me from sharing my observations, how will this guy improve without feedback?? Probably for the best eh? It turns out he is from Castle Amber, which is where that evil elf sent his slimes, we were very canny, but it did not seem like he knew much. We will have to go there to investigate sooner or later, I can feel it in my beard.

We continue walking and then we see some gnolls waiting on the road. This was a gnoll patrol and they were looking for a Wemic criminal named Lyan el-Ritchie which is a new type of person for me, but I am very open minded. We did not know this man, but the gnolls they tell us if we can capture him then they will pay us 4000 gold!! Zut alors! What I could create with that, it really sets my heart aflame. Ash, he is a seer and he looked into his strange mysteries to provide some guidance to these fellows with his magic powers. Amazing! The gnolls tell us we can contact them through the tavern keeper back in Perrin, I sure will if I hear anything, I want that gold!!

Such a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment