Saturday, November 13, 2021

Session 8: Let's Join the Circus!


Oh, what a terrible discovery I have made! Those scheming goblins at the circus have finally gone too far! Ay, those danged goblins... As Bart, my new Dwarf buddy from these parts would say, "donnez confidance ze bons gobelins!" I don't really speak the language so well, but I think he meant never trust those friendly goblins.

I found the telltale hoof pattern unique to my licornes and shortly thereafter came upon my precious, proud Peaches. Good heavens! - the poor thing was surrounded by ferocious bĂȘtes de chat, and appeared to be losing the fight. Bart called them les chats de merde - and now I know that means cats of the moon. By the time we defeated these fiendish beasts, and I made myself over to my poor, pretty Peaches, she was being succored by my new compatriot Remy. Her wounds having been tended to, I gave her additional healing, for she still looked weaker than I was comfortable with. The air was filled with soot from a fireball someone used to hurt the moon cats as I attempted to ready my charge for a return to le cirque. Imagine my surprise, when she told me that she and Mario had escaped! I still didn't get it, but then she showed me the swollen welts on her noble hide, where the ringmaster had whipped her. How horrible!

Well that does it! - I am definitely not okay with the way Cirque de Gobelines Extraordinares blamed me for the mass escape of all of mes animaux - but now I know the truth - that it was in fact mes licornes that were behind the great circus animal escape. I only wish I had caught up with Peaches sooner - for she described all of the terrible treatments of the animals - oh the shame I am feeling for my poor animals who were counting on me. I have heard stories about druids losing their powers for harming their animals - and I must make amends posthaste!

No signs of my faithful Mario, but I trust he is better far far away from here. I trust that he and Peaches will be reunited, and can live a relatively calm life after all their abuse at the hands of the goblins. I am tempted to go back to the circus with Baby Bear - I believe they are about to pitch their tent in Tervel - for I must finish the job of freeing the beasts! If I am ever back at le cirque, then I must also remember to grab my juggling clubs, so that I can resume my practices.


No comments:

Post a Comment